A MESSAGE FROM YOUR LOCAL POLICE
Victoria Police are aware that the term 2 is about to conclude and that a number of young people like to gather with their friends at the completion of the term at local shopping centres and other public places.
The City of Brimbank has been identified as a current COVID 19 hot spot in the state of Victoria with most of the current cases being a direct result of contact between family and friend groups. We encourage all students to comply with the current restrictions, and recommend students return home rather than gather in these areas.
The restrictions state you are able to:
- Have up to 5 visitors in your home at any one time, in addition to the normal residents of a household.
- Organise a public gathering of up to 10 people in a public place. What are the penalties for noncompliance?
- Victoria Police can issue on the spot fines of up to $1,652 for individuals and up to $9,913 for businesses for:
- Victoria Police will have been working closely with local shopping centres, in an attempt to maintain social distancing and to support the community in ensuring this is done. Unfortunately, people still choose to knowingly breach these restrictions. A number of additional police units have been rostered to respond and assess social gathering issues. Should these breaches occur, the below penalties apply.
- Refusing or failing to comply with the emergency directions
- Refusing or failing to comply with a public health risk power direction
- Refusing or failing to comply with a direction by the Deputy Chief Health Officer to provide information.
We would like to wish all students a safe and relaxing holiday break and look forward to working with our schools in Term 3.
Brimbank Community Engagement Officer
NWM Division 3 | Victoria Police
Matt Mudie | Leading Senior Constable 27311