10th February 2020
It is with great pleasure that I call for nominations for Sunshine S.D.S. School Council.
The Sunshine SDS School Council consists of 5 (five) parent representatives, 1 (One) Department of Education and Training (DET) representative and I (one) Co-opted Community Member with the Principal being the Executive Officer.
This year there are;
- 2 (Two) parent vacancies on school council. These vacancies are for a 2-year period, current parent representatives are eligible to stand for re- election.
I encourage all parents/guardians to consider standing for School Council. The Council has an important role to play in the financial governance of the school, setting the strategic direction and in developing policy to guide the operations of the school.
The Council needs to be able to work closely with the Principal and the staff to ensure all students in the school are able to be the best they can be.
Please find attached:-
- Schedule 4: Notice of election and call for nominations
- School Council Election process and timeline
- Appendix A: Fact sheet No. 1. School Council elections – Information for parents
- Code of conduct for school councillors
- Roles and responsibilities of the Principal and the School Council
for your reference.
Nomination Forms will also be available from the School office from the 10th February:-
- Schedule 5A: Self-nomination Form for Parent Member Category, or
- Schedule 5B – Nomination Form for Parent Member Category
Closing date for nominations is Monday 17th February 2020 at 4pm
I would like you to seriously consider nominating for a position on Sunshine SDS School Council.
10th February 2020
I hereby give notice of the commencement of the Sunshine Special Developmental School Council election process. Notice of Election and Call for Nominations forms have been posted on the doors at all entrances of the school.
There are 2 (Two) parent vacancies on school council. These vacancies are for a 2-year period.
To be elected to the school council as a parent representative, you need to be a parent/caregiver of a student who is presently enrolled at the school. People who are interested in these school council vacancies and who are not the primary caregiver are always welcome to attend school council meetings as a non-voting observer.
NOMINATION FORMS MAY BE COLLECTED FROM THE MAIN OFFICE
NOMINATIONS CLOSE at 4.00pm. on Monday 17th February 2020.
Please refer to the attached sheet which contains information on:
- Appendix A: Sunshine Special Developmental School Council Election – Information for Parents If you have any further queries please contact Nicole.
We would be only too happy to discuss this matter with you.