SSG Meetings 23rd June 2021
15 June 2021
Dear Parents, Guardians and Families,
Term 2 Student Support Group (SSG) meetings 2021
It has been wonderful to welcome both students and staff back to school today after our period of Lockdown. Teachers are in the final stages of completing student reports which will be ready to send home early next week in preparation for discussion at our Student Support Group meetings (SSGs)/Parent Teacher Interviews. We apologise for the delay in communicating with you, however due to the lockdown we were unsure whether these meeting could go ahead. It is with much excitement that we will be able to welcome you into the school as in line with DET school operations guidance, these meetings are deemed essential.
We invite you to our Term 2 SSG meetings; Key information:
- Meetings will take place on June 23rd 2021, between 3pm and 8pm
(last appointment 7.30pm).
- Each meeting will be allocated 25 minutes.
- Attached to this letter are the instructions on how to book a time that suits you.
- As a follow up (once you have booked a time) you will receive a text message requesting further information:
- your need for an interpreter and if so what language
- your preferred SSG meeting option – face to face, phone or WebEx.
- if you do not respond the default option for the SSG will be face to face.
If attending a face-to-face meeting parking will be at the rear of the school through the Mounsey street entrance;
- You will need to sign in and complete contact tracing
- Face masks are to be worn both inside and outside
- Hand sanitiser must be used on entry and exit
- Physical distancing must be maintained
SSGs in term two are extremely important as these meetings provide an opportunity for you to sit down with your child’s teacher and discuss their learning progress towards goals established with you in Term one. This is a fantastic opportunity to continue the beneficial partnership supporting your child as they work towards achieving their learning goals and experience success.
Teachers will be following up with you in the coming days to support you booking in times.
We look forward to seeing you at our SSG evening.