Dear Parents, Guardians and Families,
Term 1 Student Support Group (SSG) meeting and Community Event 2021
It has been a great start to the school year with students and teachers settling very quickly. Teachers are beginning to understand the passions and strengths of your child/ren and develop goals for their learning in-conjunction with the teacher from the previous year. It is with much excitement that we also (COVID restrictions permitting) will be able to welcome you into the school.
As part of getting to know your child/ren better we invite you to our Term 1 SSG meeting and Community event. Key information:
- Meetings will take place on March 3, between 3pm and 8pm.
- Each meeting will be allocated 25 minutes.
- Below are the instructions on how to book a time that suits you.
- As a follow up (once you have booked a time) you will receive an email requesting further information:
- your need for an interpreter and if so what language
- your preferred SSG meeting option – face to face or WebEx.
- if you do not respond the default option for the SSG will be face to face.
SSGs in term one are extremely important as this sets your child/ren up for a successful school year. The SSG provides opportunities for you to sit down with your child’s teacher and discuss their strengths, learning needs along with your hopes for 2021. Additionally, your child’s teacher will discuss your child’s learning goals for the year. This is a fantastic opportunity to build a benefical partnership ensuring your child works towards achieving their learning goals and experiences success.
As part of the afternoon/night you will have the opportunity to visit our Learning Marketplace and share a meal with our community, further information regarding this will be sent separately
We look forward to seeing you at our community event and SSG evening.
Assistant Principal (Acting)